Due to the important restoration work that has been carried out on this marvelous structure, the Convent of Giaccherino still preserves intact the places closely linked to the cult even despite the long centuries that the Complex has lived. Some of these historical religious places are still in use.
The first rural church was built in the fifteenth century while today's plant dates back to the second half of the sixteenth century, when it was again consecrated in the form of a single vaulted nave and a presbytery area divided by a marble balustrade. At the base of the stone arches that define the spans of the nave, there is the coat of arms of the Panciatichi family. The side altars of the noble families of the Cellesi and Rospigliosi, built in 1580, are dedicated respectively to the Madonna and to the SS. Crucifix. The church, still consecrated, was equipped with a bell tower built in 1595 and the new choir, with the creation of 23 carved wooden stalls, while the high altar is the result of an eighteenth-century restoration following a great fire. From the presbytery area, we access the sacristy, with carved 17th century walnut benches; there is a marble stoup and the coat of arms of the Franciscan Order consisting of two crossed forearms, one representing that of Christ and the other, with the sleeve of the monastic tunic, that of St. Francis, recurring theme in the iconography of Convent. Through an internal staircase you reach the Chapel of San Pierino, which served as a matroneo; from here it was possible to participate in religious services without being seen and in total isolation from the area reserved for the faithful municipalities. In the Church are preserved the holy remains of St. Josephine
From 1630 on Holy Friday the liturgical tradition of the Way of the Cross was renewed, along a steep path marked by 14 devotional tabernacles that mark the stations of the Passion of Christ, until reaching the Convent. The route ends in the Church of San Francesco.
A large typical convent space characterized by a very simple style and embellished only by 4 stained glass windows representing the figures of San Francesco and Madonna and by a sober white marble altar that preserves the relics of San Pierino. The Chapel can be reached directly from the first floor or through an internal staircase coming from the Church and in ancient times had the function of a women's gallery: from here you could participate in religious services without being seen and in total isolation from the area reserved for faithful municipalities. It can be used for meetings or congresses with a maximum capacity of 80 people in the stalls.
To date, about 60 rooms remain intact, the same where for centuries the Franciscan friars who lived in the Convent rested. Almost all of them were equipped with a small sink, a simple wardrobe and a bed, respecting a decidedly sober and essential style; many with a small window facing south from where you could enjoy a peaceful country landscape. In one of the infinite corridors in the room area, bounded by a door that still bears the word "enclosure", there is still the mechanical clock that marked the moments of the Franciscan friars day, dedicated mostly to prayer, to work and rest.